All type of core cutting
In order to prevent cutting through reinforcement, core cutting must be properly planned. Core cutting is a method used to provide apertures for pipes, cables, vents, or air conditioning.
Single Phase 120V/230V Distribution and Panel Board Wiring in Home
The reinforcement is never touched whatever may be the reason for core cutting and core-cutting is usually used to;
- Creating a hole for installing ducts such as for A.Cs, and pipes, etc.
- In old structures or bridges, it is used for samples for strength testing.
For various civil works, core-cutting is about making precise, circular cuts for creating holes of required diameters, and at the drilling end, the core drilling rod is fitted with diamond pieces. For both horizontal and vertical hole-making purposes, the core-cutting machine can be used.
Core Cutting Machine
Types of Core Cutting
There are the following advantages of this method such as;
- To drill holes in concrete, core-cutting is a fast, accurate, and clean way.
- It requires much fewer labour hours which in turn leads to significantly lower operating costs and it is much faster and more efficient.
- In creating precise holes and cuttings with minimal or non-existent damage to the surroundings it is extremely effective.
- It eliminates dust and reduces the amount of waste.
- This process does not transfer the vibrations to the nearby structures and keeps them safe and during the drilling operations, it structurally sounds.
There are also some disadvantages of core cutting as given below;
- By taking cores to leave weak points within the element and by standard or high strength patch repair materials the location of cores is normally repaired.
- If the coring damages the existing rebar it can damage the structural performance of the element.
- Core drilling machinery will have a very strong kickback and you have to be ready and strong for this.
- If you need large drill bits, the machinery can be very expensive.